Friday, April 15, 2005

My Son Likes Chicks


Easter 2005 Posted by Hello

This is a picture of my son on Easter, gathering eggs with the help of our "big" chicken, Penny. She was disturbed by the plastic things in her yard so she would go peck at it until my boy would pick them up. She would then go find another one and peck at it etc. This made finding the eggs easier for my son but he still loved it. For days afterwards he would beg us to go hide the eggs for him to find again. It was great fun.

My son loves the chickens. His favorite is Bubba, a white crested black polish. This poor chicken is the runt of the group and the bottom of the pecking order. She has a black deformed toe, a cowlick in her crest and a black spot on her beak. She is far from what anyone would call a show bird. But she is spectacular in my son's eyes. I guess it shows again that it isn't what is on the outside that really matters.

In this way I wish I was more like my 2 1/2 year old son. How much better the world would be if we could all see the value of our fellows and look past the differences and flaws that we all have. Ah, to see the world through the eyes of a child again.

No comments: