Friday, December 18, 2009

Unjust Vilification

This may sound petty for a blog, particularly as I have not written anything in the last four months, but I feel compelled to stand and defend myself. A certain wonderful person, who will remain nameless, has taken it upon herself to portray me as a spineless woosie who she delights in tricking into kissing children who have been licking toilet brushes.

I want to take this opportunity to say that she is the best person I know and I am lucky to have married her, but I feel I must stand for my honor.

First, there is nothing wrong with eating a hotdog for breakfast. At least I didn’t wrap it in bacon! Thought I have had the bacon dog before (thanks to Stan’s hot dogs on the bench) and it was most tasty.

Second, I may be a bit vocal about my impending doom when I am ill but it is only done as an act of self preservation. Actual recent sick time conversation:

Me at the dinner table: “Honey, I don’t feel well.”

Mrs. Wonderful: “Suck it up.”

Me: “I think I am going to throw up.”

Parker: “Mom, McKay is bugging me.”

Mrs. Wonderful: “You probably ate too much junk food.”

McKay singing: “Rudolf the red nose…”

I get up and walk around the corner to the half bath.

Parker: “Stop it McKay!”

Mrs. Wonderful: “Parker let her sing!”

Me retching violently in the back ground for ten minutes.

Parker: “McKay, stop it!”

I hobble back to the living room, obviously spent from my intestinal battle.

Mrs. Wonderful: “Where have you been?”

Me: “Did you not hear me? I was throwing up.”

Mrs. Wonderful: “What, are you bulimic now too?”

Me: “I love you.”

Mrs. Wonderful: “Why does it stink over here?”

Third, as she stated “Davis men spoil the women in their lives. I think they are amazed that not only did we pick them, but we also stick with them.” All that I have to say to that is…yes. I am amazed that she has stuck with me for almost nine years now (thank you sweetie).

Lastly, the toilet brush thing was just mean.

7 comments:

Auntie M said...

First, please notice how quickly I have read your blog and responded!!!
Second, I dont know why I feel the need to get in the middle of this but I do.
Third, I am all over a sausage dog for breakfast. It is almost as good as my momma's home cooking. So I encourage Willy to enjoy those dogs. Keep em coming! I think Mrs. Wonderful actually enjoyed the fact you were eating one.
Fourth, I really REALLY enjoyed the whole toilet brush incident. Can we measure time against it?
Lastly, what was Deacon doing during the middle of all the commotion with the throwing up, singing, etc.????

Christopher said...

I believe he was smearing yogurt on the table at the time and spilling his milk on the floor.

Jil said...

I admit to laughing loudly at the toilet brush story and then reading it to Dave. Sorry there's so much humor in your pain.

I would also like to say that as someone who reads Mrs. Wonderful's blog I don't think of you as a "spineless wussy."

Auntie M said...

I read Mrs. Wonderful's blog and I do think you are a spineless wussy. Now the real question is if I obtained that perspective as a result of reading her blog?????

But I do need to say that you are my FAVORITE spineless wussy nephew. I had a spineless wussy brother so I needed to qualify which wussy.

Christopher said...

Had?

Auntie M said...

Sorry it was a typo. Were you worried? Perhaps you know this spineless wussy brother? Perhaps you are a close relative? Perhaps the apple doesn't fall far from the tree?

Christopher said...

Are you talking about Uncle Bill? May I add that YOU are the apple convert not me (yet).