Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Experiment Failed

Well, after the silence experiment yesterday I have come to a few conclusions. One my friend must have listened to awful music or there are two types of people on this issue, those who do well in utter silence and those who don't.

I found that not only did I not get more done than usual but I did less, a lot less. I couldn't keep focused I was jittery and on edge. I felt like I was in an isolation camp.

After this I came to realize that I really don't "listen" to the music while I work. I do occasionally tune my mind in to a song that I really like. But for the most part it is just back ground noise. I feel like I am near other people and I guess that is important to me.

So instead today I am trying a relaxing music (Enya) as opposed to the regular chatter and annoying advertisements on the radio, to see if that improves the work experience.

No comments: