Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Office Zen and the art of Feng Shui

I am going to move my office. The one I am in now has no windows and gets very hot. The new room I am moving into is currently our storage room. NO one minds as we all think that we need a larger storage room and I want the window so badly. The new office is smaller than the one I am in but I have measured it out and feel that it is sufficient for my needs.

Because it is a smaller room I have been reading up on my Feng Shui. I want my smaller office to have a more comfortable/healthy feeling in it. So I am going to incorporate the following elements:
  • Something Red on my south wall.
  • An 8x10 inch mirror so I can see the doorway (unfortunately the size and layout requires that my desk face away from the door)
  • An odd number of green live plants
  • A fountain of water /picture of running water near doorway
  • A Quartz Crystal by the computer monitor
As I have never subscribed to the Feng shui Philosophy I don't know if this will work. But I have always held an interest in eastern cultures (I even speak Laotian and Thai fairly well) so I am willing to give it a try and if it works ... Don't knock it until you try it as THEY say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get quartz crystals. That's so Napolean Dynamite.

Bulbo Loamsdown the Old said...

What do you mean? I’m not like I am going to put them on top of an electric supply box connected to a colander on my head and an electrode in my crotch in a vain effort to re-attain 1983. Geeze! (vote for Pedro)